Shaver Industries uses Advanced Thermic Bonding instead of stitching for our Fabric Way Covers. The advantage of this method is it prevents wear & tear while increasing longevity of the product. Fabric Way Covers offer maximum protection for your CNC machine tools while increasing machine performance.
Shaver Industries way covers are custom made to almost any situation. Our materials withstand temperatures from – 40 C to 1000 C, can be self-extinguishing as well as oil, coolant and chemical resistant. We have expertise in high speed cutting technology, chip protection, laser beam protection, aggressive grinding coolants and moving-column machines.
- Adds reinforced strength and increased rigidity.
- More aesthetically pleasing appearance compared to sewn.
- Maximum protection and flexibility in a wide range of environments.
- High temperature resistance.
- Extensive product longevity.
- Maximum flexibility & compression
- Cover multiple sides on a machine
- Machine component protection
- Custom designs available
- Protection of ways, ensuring components last longer and require less maintenance costs/time
- Add reinforced strength and increased rigidity
- More aesthetically pleasing appearance compared to sewn protection
- Maximum protection and flexibility in a wide range of environments
- High temperature resistance
- Machine guideways
- Linear guide protection
- Screen or aesthetic barrier
- Variety of applicable materials: Oz, Preotex, Aluminized Kevlar
CHOOSING A FABRIC WAY COVER
When choosing a fabric way cover, there are a few factors to consider for ultimate protection – such as:
- Communicate exact application requirements
- Temperature requirements, including ambient temperature and nearby heat sources
- Environmental control factors, such as dust, acid, oils, coolant, weld splatter, pressure conditions, etc.
- Velocity & acceleration (speed) needed for the cover and the frequency of cycle runs
- Requirements for load-support (heavy chip load, protection from heavy equipment, maintenance needs, etc.)
- Orientation of cover movement (vertical, horizontal, cross/frontal, ceiling/roof cover)
Fabric Way Covers can be customized to fit your application. We offer way cover accessories to ensure maximum performance, such as:
End Frames – Mostly made from steel or aluminum, attach the bellows to the machine. We offer various fastening solutions for different machines and bellow interfaces.
Guide Frames – Provide the stability that is necessary to enable a precise operation. They’re made from PVC and directly welded to the cover.
Rollers – Used in large and heavy bellows. Minimize friction and ensure excellent running properties.
Coupling Rail – Used in medium and large bellows with a high amount of folds in order to connect all the bellow elements together.
Scissors – Used for high speeds. Allows an even extension of all elements across the whole extension length. This allows folds to endure less strain and prolong durability. Half-scissors available – if needed based on application.
Lamellas – Fixed or hinged, stainless steel lamellas can be added to provide protection against hot, sharp swarf, or mechanical strain.
INSTALLATION, DESIGN & CONSULTING
Our highly qualified service technicians are available to install and service our products to maximize the return on your investment. To reduce your downtime, we have spare parts in stock for immediate delivery and are available day or night.
Established in 1986, Shaver Industries has evolved to become a trusted name in manufacturing, providing reliable products and services to an impressive list of clientele.
Get More Information